To teach PE to children you have to be smart, competent and very patient. Here there is a PE planning which can help you to reach your goals.
Body and mind
"Mental operations", are shaped through a process of internalization of the activities carried out at the motor level and of the actions carried out with the body (movements, manipulation, etc.). From the interaction between body and mind is born the capacity of the human being to be in contact with the world and to create a constructive relationship with it. The children structures are in a continuous relationship between the self, others, space and objects, learning to "adjust" their movements in space and refining feelings and perceptions. Fostering this learning process is the task of PE planning.
· Strengthen the child self-esteem and a sense of trust in adults and mates
· Reinforce group spirit and socialization
· Experience the awareness of their body
· Develop motor control
When we plan a PE planning for very young people we want reach these goals through games and with joy, lightness, simplicity.
Our PE planning will include all these skills
· the child is capable of locate and place itself, objects and people in space
· become aware that the objects, the different elements of the environment, even themselves and their bodies are related to each other
· discriminate the perceptive properties of objects
· develop static postures and motor patterns
· develop dynamic motor patterns (walking, running, jumping, etc.)
· move spontaneously and / or guided by theselves and in a group
· inventing gaits and postures
The good teacher
The teacher's attitude will be participatory, she/he will guide the children to the discovery of the rules for playing together (listening, not getting hurt, not destroying anything of that that others do, rearrange); will avoid directly imposing the activities to carry out, stimulating children in search of solutions for trial and error. The child will be urged to do and to reflect on his actions. Between 3 and 6 years, in fact, learning passes through experience: one learns by doing and it is through the different actions that develop and increase many capacities (attention, concentration, observation, comparison, reflection, synthesis) that are at the base of the personal and cultural growth of each. The essential character of all game proposals is cooperation.